BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, August 2, 2009

What's Your Name?

So, I have been asking the LORD to refine me- to cleanse me and such. And as I've been praying- I came across something that I deal with - that I never quite articulated in my understanding- till now.
I was praying about my pride...
because sometimes, I have way too much pride. (Any pride is too much- but sometimes I'm like- about to burst)
anyway- one of the main sources of pride that I struggle with- and this is really - "ironic" (?) I guess- is that - the closer I think I get to God- the more pride I get. Because I think I know more than others.. I think that I'm more special more anointed more holy- than others.
(really I'm not)- I'm hypotheticizing. :)
but- it made me think- as I was praying for someone else tonight- that sometimes people and especially Christians, unfortunately, easily get caught up in titles, or thier status in the church.
(I don't know whether my friend has this problem - but I prayed for them to not!) But a lot of times it happens to people.... I think because they have a need for recognition- and a need for love that maybe they didn't get or don't get from thier parents or family or selves or friends... I know that I didn't get all the love I needed- and I didn't recieve Christ until I was 21...so my ways of being haven't always been righteous and I've tried to find love in too many other ways than through Christ alone.
I guess the ultimate thing that pastors and church leaders or anyone praying for and desiring to work in the LORD's Kingdom need to know and remember is that it is not about them. It is all about the LORD and it is about the LORD's people. I mean, look at Jesus and His work--- His work was to do the will of His Father- God- and that meant humbling Himself to death on a cross. It's about love. It's about truth. It's about sacrifice. It's about fasting and praying and seeking God with all yourheart--- it's about serving the LORD. Knowing Him and His ways- Loving Him and keeping His commandments. Forgiving and loving- and standing up for whats Right in God's eyes-no matter what the cost.

0 comments: