BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, January 24, 2010

And Love!

A couple of weeks ago I was hangin' out with one of my guy friends that I've known in the Lord for a few years. And I hadn't seen him in a long time but seeing him is always good...and from our last time of spending a little time together I realized we had talked about something that I can share... that maybe you can think about and take with you.
We were on the phone and I always ask him like, tons of questions 'cause I don't always have trusted guy friends to that I can conversate with... and sometimes I thinkI can be quizzical to him. Sometimes I ask him questions because I want to know, and sometimes I ask him questions to see if he understands (me, - like, am I crazy for thinking this or do u know what I mean??:) and then, sometimesI ask him questions to see if HE knows what is going on. ;) I think some ladies might know what I am talking about here...but anyways, what I asked him was this:
"If Jesus was here right now, is there anything in your life you would do differently? Like, would you act differently, talk differently???" etcetera etcetera...
well... his answer was like, yeah, totally.
So then what I said was this,
If you would live or act or talk or be differerent if you KNEW Jesus was here, then why don't you just be that way NOW?!?!!?
I mean, GOD IS HERE, isn't He?
And Jesus basically came so we would Know that.
Virtually...
so........
I think also it could be applied many different ways....
maybe you would have more faith, if you knew Jesus was here... or if he was (in person) standing next to you..... because He would speak the Word for you,- but, He gives US power, DUNAMIS POWER - and HIS HOLY SPIRIT- that does the work for us.
It (The Word of God) says that it is "Not by might, nor by power, but by MY SPIRIT"-
(Thus sayeth the LORD)
God is so powerful.... al HE has to do is speak- and it changes everything.
And it isn't about yelling or screaming or getting violent. I believe Jesus didn't get violent all the time... I only read one instance where he acted out in a sense of violence and that was to overthrow the people selling things in the church to get a gain.
I've heard a few people's variation of what the parable of the mustard seed of faith means to them. To some it means having a small amount of faith, yet seeing it move for God. And that's fine, I have believed that and have prayed it and have seen results from it.
But I know there is also a faith that is simple, and plain, and that has purpose, and that is mustard seed faith.
Its plain, to the point, it does the job. And does it the only way that it can be done!
For God's glory~
If we just believe.

0 comments: