BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, December 10, 2009

'Xcuse me while I vent...

I got pulled over about three weeks ago for having a headlight out, but the officer also mentioned that when he dove by me I was not wearing my seat belt.
It was late, and I was in a neighborhood and hadn't yet gotten on or even near the main road yet. And when I passed the police car I did put on my seat belt, like, right then.

But about a block down the road I saw him turn around and he was right behind me and he turned on his lights and pulled me over.
I pulled into a gas station and he came up to my window with flashlight and everything.
I was also getting really sick, I had almost lost my voice (I actually went to the dr. two days later and had to get a powerful shot to kick the sickness, whatever it was).
And anyways, the police man was like, interrogating me.
I told him I felt like he was interrogating me, he was literally making me upset.
I told him in my defence of not having my seatbelt on that I was still in the neighborhood, and that I always wear my seatbelt, and that if and when I might ever not have one on and I do see a cop, I put it on right then and there. (these things are the TRUTH!)
He let me go for the headlight but gave me a $101 ticket for no seat belt-
And he was very... abrasive. I told him that there are criminals he should be trying to find, instead he was interrogating me for not wearing my seatbelt!

It made me think awhile after, actually when I had met Mario Mopar I talked to him about it or maybe thought about it and I thought this:
I always thought "being corrupt" meant like, if a cop who swears to be a good citizen and be a good patrol like, if a cop were to keep the drugs he confiscates or if he speeds or stuff like that, that that would be corrupt.
But now I think its corrupt for what I have seen.
Cops interrogating the (not innocent, maybe less innocent?) than the real reason a community needs police.
Ok, so theres drug dealers, drug addicts, murderers, theives out there. All these crimes are related. Yet, for some reason police seem to let them slide by, and instead ask a million questions to some girl who just wanted to go home.

Maybe I am still mad that I have to pay a ticket when I always do wear my seatbelt.
But I also think maybe people need to get real.
Deal with the things that need to be dealt with.
Ya think???

0 comments: