BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, December 18, 2009

-NV-

I have been thinking about envy for a little while.
Does it ever seem like when you reach a place in your life where you are happy or blessed and someone you know comes along and "seems" happy for you, but you can tell deep down inside that thier jealous, or hurting or feel like they wish they had what you have?
That is called envy.
I have dealt witht this before- when something happens in (my) life and people who I feel like I can trust turn around and (I think) are envious deep down. And where does it come from?
I believe it comes from a few reasons:
I think first of all some people don't realize what they have. They are always looking at what other people have, making comparisons, trying to make what they have seem better or worse than what someone else has because they are afraid of dealing with other people's possible jealousy.
Then I think people forget to appreciate what they have. Maybe they are spoiled and get everything they want. Or maybe they never got what they want and felt deprived- like they never had what others had.
But I think we as people should be ultimatley only need Jesus and the love of God to be fulfilled, full, whole.
THEN, the last thing, which I got from the LORD last night while I was praying about it, is, envy, NV.
N= No
V=Victory

NV = No Victory

People get envious when they see others walking in victory.
I don't want to digress into some long letter about why, but if they people who are envios really want to be happy and have a fulfilling life, then they (and sometimes WE) - need to turn away from the public eye and look at ourselves in the mirror and see what kinds of changes we can make to have a better life, and turn to God and ask Him to help us- let me tell you, without Him, we can do nothing!!! (Yet He loves us so much and it is His desire to lift us, help us, cleanse us, lead us through to victoryand glory!)

Living a life of Victory isn't something that just happens
It is Work. It is a PROCESS.
It takes T-I-M-E.
It takes godly virtues that we have to practice, like faith, patience, love, trust, truth; So on and so forth.
It also takes a willing heart. An obedient heart. A faithful heart.

Sometimes you have to be willing to be broken. You might have to be willing to lose. You might have to be willing to go where you've never gone before.
But God always mends what he breaks. He will make you victorious through His Son, and through the blood He shed on the cross for us. Jesus said that the enemy comes to teal kill and destroy- but that He (Jesus) cames that we might have life and have it more ABUNDANTLY.
He will be with you on the journey that He wants to take you on~ and it will be better than what you have ever hoped or believed for!
What an AWESOME GOD, we have! Praise Him and Give Him aLL the GLORY! He is worthy!
~

0 comments: