BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Mario Mopar

story~
I was at Dunkin Donuts last night by my lonesome, I was kindof in distress thinkin' maybe if I went there to chill out I would feel better. I was trying to write one of my friends an email but no words were coming to me, I actually wrote one then deleted it because it didn't make much good sense in my sight. So, all the while here was an old man sitting across a table away from me and in the moments of my near dispair I would look up and look his way- and he was an older man older than older but not quite old- he had a full white beard, well groomed but not wiry and perfectly round like some- it was softer looking and some parts of the sides turned out ward instead of around.... he had white hair on his head but the very top was bald... and I knew he had seen me and was probably wondering what I was doing- and I was reaching certain emotional places where I search for something more--- like David when he says his eyes fail, my eyes were failing- as I was searching for my God... looking here and there- it wasn't so dramatic I was trying to keep it together in up in DD' - but I was having a bit of a moment... so I closed my yahoo email and something on the next screen said some names of people who I know are bold and I looked at the old man again and by now we had made eye contact one or twice and so he was looking down at his magazine in front of him and I finally just said, "hey, What's your name?"

he looked up..
"What's your name?" I said again
"Mario- what's your's?"
"Ashleigh"
"OH, Ashleigh! " Smile. Warm, gentle, sweet.
I searched my soul and kept trying to search for the Lord thinking maybe this guy was sent by God to speak to me of (Him) the Lord. So... I asked him if he believed in God.
"Of course..." he said. I could see in his eyes when he said that like he thought of God in his life- like in a second. (yet eternally)
I tried to see if I could think of what to say about my delimma or what could I ask advice on or how can I get the answer I'm looking for from him...
after some short talk and I was becoming less feeling like I needed to ask him of anything regarding my personal life, (because you never know when you will meet an angel on the streets)
I asked him what he was looking at and he had already told me he was down here from up north for a car auction, andthen he told me he was looking at a car magazine. not autotrader (i dont think)
So, we talked about hot rods and cars and he told me a story about some kid that goes to his shop for his subaru and how the kid thinks his sub is great (the old guy deals mostly with cudas and Dodges and Pontiacs from the 60's and 70's - big fast cars) and then I started to leave and he was still telling me the story, and as I had got up to go and I was standing near his table listening to him finish and he really wanted to show me the trucks that one of the guys that goes to his shop likes (a friend of the kid with the Subaru) ~ we spent like 15 minutes looking at old hot rod cars, bonding over colors and prices andsuch things. simple, yes. but who knows...

Maybe I needed that connection, to remember that I am not alone. Maybe I needed that older guy, Mario, to be there at that very time , so that he and I could talk about Mustangs and cudas and 190, 000 dollar cars and if they're worth it or not, to keep my mind free ~
Who Knows!?
<3
God knows what we need, When we need it!
And sometimes we don't get what we think we need, but what He knows we need~

0 comments: