BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

What to do....

Sometimes I feel like I'm an apostle of Jesus Christ. I think if God can make a female apostle, that I am one!
I relate to the Apostle Paul so much... but I always try to be obedient to Jesus' teachings more.
(Because He IS tha Lord!)

My car has been broken for about three weeks now. I kindof think that it may be the Lord's way of responding to my thoughts of worldliness. (I am always looking at the world and how people always drive drive drive... computerize stay inside.... basically I want to get out and LIVE!)
So, today I couldn't get a ride to town, and I decided to walk. I wanted to take my laptop in a bag.. but I remembered Jesus said "take no 'purse'" - so I had to make myself leave it there... and I walked Downtown!
While I was walking... I was praying, for people...people passing by.
Some (guys of course) honked... which made me pray more-- like, do they wish they were outside walking? (Just Joking... well...maybe)
But... I started thinking about all the stuff I've "done" that I think is outside of what people feel like is "OK"- or "right" to do (in the worlds eyes)
I just want to list some things I've done that have made me feel good... honestly maybe a little proud, too.

I have:
- been outside in rainstorms
- jumped off a two story roof and not broken a bone
- Lived on a "fish camp" in the middle of Louisiana (pop. about 400)
- been to 4 free Christian concerts (Brandon Heath, Leigh Nash, Mark Schultz, Tenth Ave North)
-taken the greyhound by myself to ATL GA
- written a book of poetry
I've had my ups and downs with my life, before Salvation and after...
these are but a few things I have experienced, I guess in my mind the most often thought about...the reason I like to remember them is because they were moments and times in my life that I either had to decide if I was going to let my own fears stop me, or follow freedom into that joy....
I find myself wanting more and more to leave off the "old ways" of thinking.. the ways that the world or worldy people have hurt me and / or let me down and left me empty inside thatI try to fill- Yet I much more
desire to find the freedom and the Life that Christ died to give me.
I guess so often I find myself in my flesh... reacting to what I think it wants or needs. But when I think about that way, I realize that is NOT the Way.
But the Way of Life Eternal is becoming much more clear. And much more worth while. I pray more for myself... more for you. Life Abundantly, in Jesus Christ! AMEN
I am Thankful - for That!
Praise the LORD.

0 comments: