BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, November 21, 2009

God is Good.

I want to clarify somethings I posted last time I was online. I don't condone drinking, smoking and I'm not promoting Mercedes. But what I want to point out is that so many church goers that claim to be Christian or righteous or perfect have thier own problems that they hide or deny or cover up - and they point to others' sins without mercy, without compassion, without pity or understanding.
The world will never change unless we change. The world will never be a better place unless we make it a better place. We will never get along and love one another unless we take a step towards it.
I'm just grateful for His mercy and His grace and His forgiveness for me that covers my sins. I try to share that love with others. I am not perfect by far except that the love of God through Jesus Christ lives in me. That is something I am thankful and very grateful about.
Sometimes we have to let ourselves be saved. The Lord spoke to me about this a while back.... there used to be a popular song by Hillsong United called "Hosanna", which means "Save us on high"! Like, Save us now Lord!! Like an emergency.... likea desperate cry for salvation.
So, I used to listen to this song and sing it and pray and finally the Lord asked me, "Will you be saved?"
I was like, "What, Lord?"
"Will you be saved?"
Will I be saved? I guess I had not thought of it like that before... but I had been so stubborn, so lost, so abandoned that I was almost like the children of Israel trying to find thier way out of the wilderness.
Sometimes He wants to save us... I think I had (have) been trying to save myself.
It isn't always as hard as it seems, or as we're used to it being.
I had to let go and let God. I had to learn to trust Him. And Believe.
He is always Faithful, no matter what.
It would be like trying to save a drowning child who kept flailing around and wouldn't let you grasp them.... they have to surrender and trust you, that you will bring them safely back to shore, where thay can breathe and calm down.
I also have realized that sometimes my desire to help others can become a stumbling block to my own life. It is called co-dependancy.
I never understood what exactly that word meant. But now I do. It means if I care more about someone else's life issues more than I care about my own life, it becomes a trap to me..... their comes a time when people need to fix thier own life problems. Or at least make a diligent effort. I mean , we can't do it all alone, but we can't just sit in the mud forever either.
We gotta get up and clean up and walk the walk.... not just talk the talk.
I have to go now, but I hope this blesses my dear sweet friends.
Have a happy Sunday! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi i love your writing!

Lila said...

amen.. thanks that helped me alot..love you girl