BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, November 20, 2009

Let Truth be the Judge

I go to church. I have attended church on a fairly regular basis for about 5 years now. Not always the same church, but churches from the Protestant based "religion". I don't want to stop going to church. I think church has a very important place in society. But what I do want to stop is judgments. False accusations. False assumptions. Hatred. Pride. "Holier - than- thou" ness.
People in church will jump all over someone who for example smokes cigarettes, or drinks one glass of wine a week, or drives a mercedes benz. But they don't realize, they're are other seemingly less offensive bad behaviors or what I can call "bad habits" aka "addictions" that are hidden under cover that people don't even recognize or consider being a bad habit or addiction.
Let me throw one out there. How about tv? How much time do you sit in front of the television set? I hardly ever even watch tv. Not just because I don't get many channels. I think it's a waste of time and energy(in more than one form).
Ok, what about spending money? or over spending. I think in technical Biblical terms it could be called greed. Lust for more bigger better newer. Never satisfied with what you have.
I think people need to find something to do with their lives. Not just earning a living (work).
We are called to be ministers. Helpers. Lovers. (in a sense of loving people, not sexual) and yes also married. I do believe marriage is a ministry and I think I see people who do not minister to thier spouses enough.
It bothers me mostly because I see it in church more than anywhere else.
The Bible does also say sin is seeing something you should do (something good) and not doing it.
Like, if you see a lady or an old man in line in front of you and they are three dollars short on thier bill and you have five dollars and more enough for your own groceries, I think you are supposed to give it to them.
We (as people) need to quit being so stinkin' stingy and selfish and helpless and cruel.
Judging people is a terrible thing to do, to experience, and to witness.
It can make or break somebody.
Your judgments of someone can determine the outcome of thier life.
Can you dig to find gold?
Can you dig to find something good? Rubies? Sapphires? Emeralds? Diamonds?
What we see in people is dependant upon us. Sometimes we have to seek a little farther, or search a little deeper or keep looking until we find that special gift we have been looking for.
And I think we should not rob someone of thier gift, but clean it, polish it, show them it's value, and give it back to them and let it shine!
Why don't people love each other more?
Why are people so quick to judge and criticize? Why don't people pray for each other more? For thier good? For what they really need?
Are we afraid of not having? Are we envious? Why should we be? Haven't we been blessed?
Do we not love to be blessed? So we should also love it when our friends and neighbors and enemies be blessed as well.
I am praying for you all. Be Blessed! (And be a blessing !!!)

Isaiah 55:1-3
"Come, all you who are thirsty, come to the waters; and you who have no money, come, buy and eat! Come, buy wine and milk without money and without cost.
2 Why spend money on what is not bread, and your labor on what does not satisfy? Listen, listen to me, and eat what is good, and your soul will delight in the richest of fare.
3 Give ear and come to me; hear me, that your soul may live. I will make an everlasting covenant with you, my faithful love promised to David. "

0 comments: