BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Use your Brain! And your heart... and your soul.. and your strength!

I get a "daily motivation" each weekday from A New Thing Ministries, and this morning devotion is about our thought life.
We as Believers should be aware (as many who study the Word already are aware) that many our battels and the most fierce of them we have happen in our minds.
So much of our faith life even though "spiritual" is established through our mind.
But they Lord says from the Beginning, that we shall worship Him and Serve Him, with (all) our mind, heart, soul and strength.
We have a brain, we should use it.
What I want to get at in this writing, is in Kim's devotion, she talks about strong holds of the mind. She brings the verse from Proverbs that says "as a man thinketh in his heart, so is he".
She goes on to say that if a negative thought comes to mind, it is easy to deal with by casting down (like the Bible instructs us to), but if the thought goes un prayed on, or if we keep thinking it and keep thinking about it without appying the Word of God to it to either validate it or condemn it, then it will only get worse. and that is how "strong holds" get developed in the mind. Or, on the mind.....
Thoughts are like vines. I think when Jesus said He is the True Vine, it had to do with the fact that not only in He the vine and we the branches but the virtues of Him by God like faith, peace, love, joy, patience and such the like, are like vines. Thoughts are like vines, too.
So, I want to share a little bit of my personal testimony.
and I never really share it often because it isn't something that I am proud of. But after I had been found by Christ, some events took place in my life and I ended up in a place called ACT, which is a government type of rehab/holding place for people who are having problems but aren't neccessarily illegal.
So, I was put there involuntarly, and committed, and diagnosed as in a word, "crazy".
I had to fight tooth and nail and WORD to keep my sanity.
I faced so much adversity, so much accusation, so much isolation, that all I had was God. The only one I could trust was Jesus, for a very very long time.
Even my own family believed satans lies.
And let me tell you, if it weren't for the TRUTH of GOD'S WORD ~ I might still be locked up.
I was perscribed very heavy dosages of anti-psychotic medication for about 4 or 5 years, and if I didn't believe in the healng power of God ALmighty, I might still be on those medications.
If you don't believe me, think about how many people there are who take medicine... they are out there.
All I am trying to say is that with God ALL things ARE possible.
Satan will kick you when you're down. he will spit in your face. he knows where you're weak and he will use it to his advantage to keep you down.
it's his job to keep you from glorifying god. it's his job to see if he can make you curse God, it's his job to see if he can dissuade you from believeing that God loves you.
I have questioned the LORD before. I have cried out to Him... Why god... why if you love me are youlettin this happen to me? And why have you turned everyone against me? even my family?
I don't know except that He wanted me. He wanted me to know that He will be with me in the fire.. He will be with me when no one else is.. He will believe in me when no one else will. He will protect me from and deliver me from all evil.
And through all of this I have learned and seen and believe all the more that Our God IS a HOLY ONE~ A HOLY and RIGHTEOUS GOD. He can HEAL. HE CAN DELIVER. HE CAN SPEAK. HE CAN BRING BACK THE DEAD TO LIFE AGAIN. HE CAN BRING THE DEAD TO LIFE. GET THIS PEOPLE! IF GOD ALMIGHT CAN RAISE MEN FROM THE DEAD INCLUDING OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST, WHAT CAN'T HE DO????!!?!!
He can do Anything!

We have to believe, and stop limiting ou lives, or selves and our faith in a Holy God.
In a LOVING GOd.
I think we limit His love to what our earthly perception of love is... maybe it's conditional, maybe it's sex, maybe it's gifts, but His love is so much more... So supernatural.
So Wonderful.
We need to "renew our minds" in His Word. We should examine yes, our lives, but if we truly want to be "Christian" we should examine Jesus Christ and His ways.. if we really want to be like Him.
I love you people and I hope you see God's limitless love in your lives today.
And I hope you are refreshed and blessed, in Jesus Christ name!

0 comments: