BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, June 24, 2010

The Little Things...

Have you ever heard the song by BUSH, "LITTLE THINGS" ? The singer in that song, says over and over "It's the little things that kill". And to connect this to the Word of God in the Bible, there's also verses in Song of Solomon that say, "it's the little foxes that destroy the vines " (with the grapes...)
And so.. it seems ...
But sometimes the little thngs can keep a dream alive. And sometimes it's the little things that make a day go great. And make a happy life.
Think about it... little things.... like the cashier at the store having the two extra pennies you need to have exact change for your purchase. Or, the person in traffic letting you in.... or a smile from a stranger.. (who might be an angel, you never know ;) !
Sometimes the little things can be a little deeper, or if we pray for spiritual revelation, a little more spiritual.
I will give you an example.
I was at Baskin Robbins two days ago, and I was searching the menu trying to decide what to get, and then finally I was like, I will just get ice cream. So I looked at all the different flavors, and the tub of my favourite (mint chocolate chip) was just about empty... just a few chuncky scoops around the bottom of the barrel.
ButI decided to get it anyway (hoping for no freezer burn!)
I have talked to the server there a few times before, and I half-jokingly said, "Just try to fit the rest (of what's in the barrel) into the cup!"
And he looked at the ice cream, looked at the cup and then looked at me.
I laughed and said, ok, just get as much in there as you can, then!
So, he scooped a scoop, and showed it to me, and I said, put a little more in there~ Because there was still room.. he almost hesitated, but I told him, "Give and it shall be given unto you"..
And that is was Jesus said, and it hold true. *~Luke 6:36-38~*
So then when it dawned on him he was going to really try to put the whole rest of the bucket of ice cream into the cup (lol!) but I told him it was enough :)
I like inspiring people to do Jesus' Words. Because they ARE true, and they are GOOD.
And see, the little things can make a good difference too... We need to meditate on the things that are "true, noble, lovely, admirable, excellent, and praiseworthy"~! ~*Phil 4*~
I think we'll all be happier and more gratfeul and fulfilled, what about you ?
:)
Have a Happy Day~ Do a little thing for someone today for GOOD~!
<3 iangel

0 comments: