BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Read the Signs...

The United Methodist Church in the Town that I live always has a thought or phrase that they change up every week on their church sign...and this week it says, "Are you teachable"
That phrase means very very much to me, considering a few very meaningfull things.
For one, I heard the message of the gospel being preached by a small group of evangelists that were from Georgia, 8 years ago. They had set up shop, so to say pretty much right across the street from where the Methodist church is downtown. they had brought out their guitars, even a set of drums and were playing and ministering on the side of the road, holding signs saying "turn or burn" and such as the like.

I was about 20 years old. I had never heard the Gospel. I didn't even know who Jesus Christ was.

But there they were, preaching and playing on the side of the street Downtown Deland on a Friday night.

Something about them made me feel good. I saw Light in their Light, and they "loved" me. I went to their house church meetings, listened to their radio broadcasts on 1310 am ... (if you live in the area and are a Spirit seeker, you probably know about 1310.... !) and then after about 6 months of hearing the Word. I asked for Jesus. (That was actually in a car at about 10:30pm in a Publix parking lot. )
But the ministry of the ones I met in Downtown Deland has meant everything to me.. if they had not been sent, I had not heard, if I had not heard, only the LORD knows where I would be!
But thanks be to the LORD for His Word, His Ways and His Great Commission!
The thing that made me want to write this message today though was what is on the Methodist sign outside... "Are you teachable" ....
When I had gotten my salvation, and I had even been water baptized (by a man named John, no less!) and I had also recieved the Holy Ghost with fire and the gift of tongues, I started having ... "Problems". Not problems by me, but ... how can I say this - all hell came against me.
I had to fight to prove real, and like I said in a post before this, I had so much persecution even from my very own family- that I had a difficult time being stable. One of the things that John (my baptismal preacher!) had told me a few times before they went on thier High Journey was that I wasn't teachable.
I thought I was, but I honestly had way too much going on and was so new to the Faithof Christ that I didn't really understand what he meant. After they had gone I didn't have a home church and went through many other trials and tribulations, but here I am! It's been 8 years in the making and I think I am finally teachable!
~Hallelujah!~

The answer is finally, "Yes."

~I am learning~

Thank You Jesus! Thank you for sending your workers to meet me where I was, Lord, and where I am.(Always~) You are always Faithful- Help me and others to trust Your Faithfulness, more and more I pray. For this I thank you, Father, in Jesus name. amen.
Be Blessed~


-edited----2.3.10

2 comments:

Skeptical Believer said...

That's great. Stay teachable, and you'll be amazed at the heights you'll see!

I know it's something I struggle with all the time too.

i angel said...

thanks!