BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Speaking is Believing

Today I woke up and it was like there was a dark cloud looming right over my soul. I did not really want to get out of bed... I picked up my "God's Promises for Women" book and read a few pages and started to think to myself.. "yeah, right... then why am I dissappointed now?"
I almost opened my mouth to complain. I almost started pouring out some comlaints to God... I almost started to tell Him how long it feels like it takes for Him to keep His word, and how miserable I am alone, and how come, if He loves me so much, why won't he just do what I ask?
But
I didn't say a word. I know that if I open my mouth and start speaking like that, then I will REALLY start to have a bad day. So I didn't say anything. I got up and got out of bed, and here I am.
I am not going to sit here and write this like I have some immeasurable amount of strength to fend of the horrible attack of depression on my own. No, I'm not going to lie. I logged onto Facebook and read a post one of my beloved pastors of Praise Chapel wrote, and it he said, When we praise the LORD, satan flees. When we worship our God, darkness is overtaken by Light. (He didn't word it exactly like this, bt this is how I agree with what he said), and it is true.. when we focus on how good our God is and how much He has done for us, and how much HE really loves us, the dissappointments shrink, the darkness dissipates, and the tears, they dry up and usually a smile appears on the faces of those who know His love is true!

So be careful what you speak. You might actually believe it. See, if I had started complaining this morning, I would be believing that I was defeated. I would have been agreeing with the father of lies, and I would be having a really bad day right now, and would eventually miss out on the promises God has for me because I would have stopped believing in the faithfulness of my Promise Keeper.

Let's agree with the Word of God today.


1 John 4:4
(NIV)
4 You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.


1 John 5:4
(NIV)
4 for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith.



Romans 8:31
(NIV)
31 What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?


0 comments: