BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, October 19, 2012

Speak Life!

Have you ever said something out loud, and later on, thought, "Why exactly did I say that?"
Me too!
It may not neccessarily come from a place of regret, but coming from a place of self- examination, introspection if you will. Sometimes I will think about things I have said and laugh out loud, if it was truly funny. Sometimes I am proud of what I say and other times hope I said the right thing at all.
What brings me to this blog today, though, is that I recalled a statement I had made to someone that, when I remembered it later thought to myself, "Why on earth did I say that?"
I know it would be more entertaining to be totally candid about what was said and it really wasn't offensive or rude or inappropriate in any way, I am not sharing purely out of embarrasment of feeling silly for saying it...
And the reason I am bringing this incident here today is because I want to ask you my readers (and myself),
Do you really think before you speak?
I know there has to be "thought" to acually verbalize to communicate, I mean, come on now; but are we actively thinking, considering how what we say will be perceived or what our words can and might do to those they are spoken to or who ever else might hear them?

Words have power. And words are formed by our thoughts... and our thought life is motivated by our heart. And while it might seem a challenge and maybe even undesireable to change our hearts about life, and feelings, and thought... sometimes, it is Good. Change can be good, in fact it can be Great!!

So, think about this for a while.. write me a comment if you want. And most of all, think before you speak. What are you trying to do with your words?
iAngel

0 comments: