BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, May 21, 2009

BelievN Yourself

Believe in yourself. Have you ever heard that phrase? It can be broken down in a few ways. One way is to say, Believe: in yourself. Believe- to believe is to have faith or confidence . To believe in yourself could be interpreted as, have faith or confidence in you- in who you are. But that is not what I think it really means. Why? Because we are failures. We are imperfect-driven by what we see on the outside-in the natural-in the flesh-in the world. We can even be driven by our egos-our pride-our fears-our lusts. We can also be driven by doubts- by disbelief-by hatred or unforgiveness or ignorance.
That is why we shouldn't believe in ourselves.
But we should Believe- in Ourselves. We should let faith live in us. We are capable of being something great-yes. But not by our own power -or knowledge or strength or anything, except God. I truly believe this, because I have tried to "be" something. I have tried to "be" someone... I have tried to "prove" my "worth" in ways that are less than worthy... but I thank God that despite my failures and miserable attempts at trying to make myself become "something" - The One Who Believes has unlocked the door way to His eternal perspective and shown me a new reality - a new understanding, and brought me into a greater place with Him.
All things are possible to the one that believes. Yet it is not by strength nor by power but by His Holy Spirit! AM-N!

0 comments: