BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Are You Ripe?

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance;
Against such there is no law.
Galatians 5:22-23

I love this verse. It opposes everything that is evil, and it does prove that there truly is no law against such things.
Perfect!


Sometimes I think about sin. And although I have dealt with sin in my own life, it is always easier to see other people's sins and sometimes gain a greater knowledge of "your own" personal sins and convictions.

During one of these observations of mine -observing other people's sins and foolish ways (I am being facetious here if you simply cannot tell)- is that when I ponder people who love sin, like, lust, for example....I challenge the thought in my mind- like, just because a man is lusting after a woman, does he actually love her? Can he actually love her? (In the way of placing the sexuality into the proper place of marriage...
I'm trying to apply the truth in a way that dissolves the sin... so that people can see (of so that I can see, I guess) the vast difference between Right and Wrong.

Like, another example is, some people are consumed with greed - love and lust for money and material things.
But those material things cannot say anything to you--money can not make you "happy". Dollar amount does not equal joy. You can't buy happiness, or joy, or love, or peace. You could have a ton of gold bricks and stub your toe and have a miserable day because you stubbed your toe... but if you stub your toe and realize that maybe you're going too fast and God is trying to get your attention--- then I think that you will also have the Spirit of Peace inside you - that money can't buy. And stubbing your tow won't make you mad (at least not for long), and you will know that maybe it saved your day!

I am tired of the "world's ways" and trying to please people in lieu of the Glory of God.
It is so easy to fall into the trap of society- or popular belief- but... if we pay attention to what God says, or our hearts to lead us back to Him- He will show us what pleases Him. It's not often the way we would normally choose, but I guarantee, it is always much much better.

Remember theese: Love, joy, peace, longsuffering (patience), gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness (humbleness), temperance (self-control).
- these things cannot be denied!!!-
Merry Christmas!

0 comments: