BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, May 11, 2009

wisdom, love, and a gift of knowledge.

I was blessed tonight to be able to minister to someone. They were asking prayer to help overcome pride. I think that's a great prayer request. Pride is the first sin I think most people think of or list, when people talk about "the seven deadly sins". It's like poison to a soul... but it can be very difficult to overcome, because it pretends to be "real". Usually what happens to me when I struggle with pride, is I feel insecure- or pressured by another person to be a certain way-or like I can't be allowed to express myself freely- BUT, WE do not have to share in the sins of this world! We Do Not have to bow to this thing that is less than real- less than true- we CAN be free to be loved for who we are-and we don't have to compare ourselves to others in the flesh or in the spirit or in anyway at all, which brings me to another very good thought I want to makek mention of. Unity. Equality. Uniqueness. And the body of Christ. Some people I have known in my life have felt the need to try to please everyone by making everybody "the same".We all equally need love. But we're all unique. We all have different callings, different purposes within the Main Purpose of serving the LORD. No one is better than the other, I guess, is what I am trying to say... ands what does this have to do with pride? Well, I think pride has a lot to do with "being some-one" or "some-thing" or getting looked at for "who you are". Well........pride has everything to do with ego. self. and the desire to be admired- it's a farce. It's a perversion of the TRUTH_ The TRUTH is that PEOPLE NEED LOVE- BUT THEY ALSO NEED TO BE HUMBLE ENOUGH TO RECIEVE LOVE. AND that can be a hard thing to be. Especially when society stares at the flesh-bodies-finances-jobtitles-etc etc etc- and says... oh, they're doing just gfine... loook.... they must be so well off..... well THEY"RE NOT!
Not without JESUS!
What I told the lady who asked for prayer is this... because what she said was when people would try to correct her, she would get offended - her pride would cause her to think "well who are YOU to tell ME that"... We all know how that goes. And what the Lord revealed to me, for one, I commend this lady for seeing this acknowledging this sin in her life and being desperate enough for The Love of God to cleanse her- I told her that's great!
And what the Lord showed me is this ( and I LOVE IT!) :
When a child is corrected by thier parent, chastized, they don't always like it, or even understand it. But in the end, they will see, that the parents only had love for the child- they we're chastening out of thier love for the child, and the desire for the child to know right from wrong, and to be "good".
As the Lord is with us.
We don't always like it when He corrects us, sometimes we don't even understand it- at least sometimes I don't!
But when i look back or when I come to, and see what He was trying to show me, I'm, like, Wow, The Lord really loves me- and I'm thankful that He wants the best for me. It shows me how much He cares.
It's A LOT!
God is SO good!
And He still works miracles!
Believe!!!!!!
<3
".....and yet I will show you a better way...."

aftrthought-pride is like a mask-to cover the truth. its an easy escape from the discomfort of humility- but i will tell u from my own walk with God, it is better to learn how to accept humility and grow from that, than to be prideful, and stuck in it. Oh, how I long for the guidance of the LORD- to be revealed-exposed to the truth- and yet accepted and loved and one........that is true beauty...

0 comments: