BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Pursuing Excellence

So, I am pondering and pursuing the Spirit of Excellence in the LORD, and I asked for prayer today and I desire to be of an excellent spirit, because I respect and appreciate and admire those that operate in and do things in an excellent way. And so I was thinking what exactly is Excellence? What makes excellence excellent? God is so good and quick to hear my thoughts. Such a good teacher. He said "Righteousness" through "obedience" is what makes up Excellence. There is a right way to do something and a wrong way and doing something incompletely isn't excellent. Also doing something half-heartedly is not excellent- the Bible says Obedience is better than sacrifice. (1 Sam.15:22) Cutting corners then trying to make up for it by adding to it is not right, either. For the Word also says God loves it when we weigh things out right (Correctly). (Proverbs 11:1) And He shows no favoritism ( if we obey him we are blessed, if we disobey we are in trouble. )
I think also that one of the paths to Righteousness (in God through Jesus Christ) is the way of patience. Doing something right takes time. It takes effort and it takes diligence.

I think faith is what drives my desire for Excellence. I have seen other people, great people, do great things. Why am I (or you) any different? We do not have to settle for less.
One of my good friends said to me once, "Why be good when you can be great?!" That is a very inspirational quote, and it makes me want to strive to be my best. I think excellence comes from faith and I also think our faith can be renewed by excellence- because if you are anything like me you have probably been to a place in your faith or in your prayers when you felt like your faith wasn't enough, like you can't "believe" enough to make something change- but that is when we can explore our own heart more and the heart of God more- like the man who said to Jesus "help my unbelief", (Some people might have just stopped in their doubt, but he pressed on and admitted he needed more faith)- and the Word in Hebrews 10:38 says, "The just shall live by his faith". We can't let a seed of doubt stop us from our destinies, from our callings, from our very best that we each have to give for Him. The LORD is faithful, when we call out to Him, he is faithful to answers us. Call on Him from a pure heart and see what he answers you. He will answer you. And truly we have to be willing to listen to what He has to say...
Press on- pursue excellence- pursue peace - pursue whatever it is the Holy Spirit is telling you to pursue and have faith that God the LORD is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him in all they do!

We can be everything we want to Be in Christ Jesus the LORD and what's more than that is we can be everything HE wants us to be in HIM and in All His Beautiful Glory!
Have faith & believe~
~ God is So Good~

0 comments: